Following a number of recent ransomware attacks on Aged Care providers in Australia, AutumnCare has clarified how we ensure that customer data is kept safe and secure.
This is how we as an organisation ensure customer data is kept safe, and how the AutumnCare product operates securely.
- Customers choose from a range of failover options to manually or automatically activate a standby server in the event of primary server failure
- Control system access is via Windows Server, Active Directory and SQL Server security and access permissions
The AutumnCare system can work offline in the event of a breach, and data is recoverable.
- We perform regular monitoring and maintenance
- We regularly apply Windows security updates and patches
- Frequent password updates are enforced
- Server access is restricted to authenticated IP addresses only
- Services are secured via digital certificates
Data is stored locally within Australia.
Business continuity and disaster recovery
AutumnCare is able to remain operational whilst offline, allowing end users to operate as normal and continue entering data.
Regardless of whether you are a self hosted or cloud hosted customer, there will be no loss of data from AutumnCare in the event of a security breach because of the way our system operates.
AutumnCare is able to be restored from your last back up, and we can assist you to reconcile all information on all devices.
Handling of Personal Information
AutumnCare endeavours to handle personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act, including subsequent amendments, and the Australian Privacy Principles.